How To Perform of Safely
An excellent way to tone or build the back of your upper arms.
- Lie face up on a bench. Have a spotter pass the bar to you if you need to.
- Hold the barbell straight up with your wrists locked and hands in an overhand, pronated grip (closed).
- Your arms should be at 90 degrees to you and the bench, slightly unlocked.
- Your wrists should be aligned with your elbows.
- Inhale and lower the bar towards you forehead ( elbow flexion) until your elbows reach a 90 degree angle.
- Exhale and extend your elbows to the top position.
- Do not lock elbows
- Do not over extend or bounce the bar
- Look straight up
- Keep elbows shoulder width apart
- Keep wrists shoulder width apart
- Control the movement
- Use a full range of motion
- Overhead triceps extension
- Close grip bench press
Increase weight, sets and reps